At the Security Operations Center (SOC) at our client, a dutch bank, we seek a SOC Analyst. A fun place to work, where curious minds and proactive attitudes will excell.
Organisatie- en afdelingsomschrijving
At the SOC they work together in an informal way and provide a lot of variety and opportunities to keep developing yourself. Our client works in an agile way which means that efficiency, productivity, agility and innovative power come first. For you as a SOC analyst, this means an interactive and inspiring way of working together across the team and departmental boundaries. These are a few interesting new developments:
- Upscaling scope of SOC with international mandate: means that the SOC is going to provide security monitoring services to offices globally (which are now doing a lot themselves)
- Machine learning initiatives in-house, not buy systems, but develop it themselves
- Extension of scope towards AWS and Azure
The team security operations consists of 40 tot 50 colleagues working on threat intelligence, monitoring & incident response, use case building and red teaming.
As a SOC Analyst you work in an extensive team of security specialists. It’s your mayor task to proactively seek potential security risk and advise proper measurements. With your capabilities you have enough leverage to influence in a strategic and tactical way. You do not want to be a manager but a specialist, who will have big influence in strategic and tactical decisions. Therefor you interact with the development teams and prevent security issues.
Furthermore as SOC analyst, you ensure that the daily activities relating to security monitoring and incident response, run smoothly. You take the initiative in urgent and complex incidents and ensure that appropriate countermeasures are taken in a timely manner. Your expertise provides insight, overview and peace of mind. Your ability to connect ensures a jointly supported solution. You are responsible for:
- Identifying, analyzing and following up security incidents where you use SIEM and log management tooling, threat intelligence and your own expertise and common sense;
- You contact partners in and outside the bank while keeping control and overview;
- As an expert you stay well informed of the latest developments in the area of technology and threats and you like to actively share this knowledge with your colleagues;
- You like to help with security-related questions, take initiative and escalate in time if necessary;
- You can also convert results from your hunts into use cases and optimizations of the tooling.
You are very curious by nature, perhaps you got your first computer apart to see how everything worked. Furthermore:
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols, pen testing, operating systems, security monitoring tools, network analysis tools and attack techniques;
- Already applied this knowledge to HBO / WO level in a similar role for more then 3 years;
- So you understand how a SOC works and bring processes and techniques to the next level;
- With your communication skills you can deal with stakeholders on both technical and management level;
- Certifications such as CEH, OSCP, CISSP or SIEM Analyst are an advantage.
- You speak and write the English language fluently and hold a European passport.
This bank offers an excellent package in scale 10-12, depending on your experience level.
Minke Apontoweil +31 638727726